Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Walking"

Today chapel was really good and it was due to 3 members of our senior class. Following chapel I had my favorite class, Development & Discipleship. As I have mentioned before I LOVE this class, it stretches my mind and faith! Today in class we continued our discussion on teaching and discipleship. Between these 2 occurrences I began to think of an idea which is not mine because I am not naive enough to think that I came up with it but I love it! The idea of walking is quite a simple concept, that is unless you are a baby and don't have the ability to do so. For instance, when you look at a newborn baby and say "hey kid, you should start walking i think you would it enjoy it" you know very well it is not possible for that baby to start walking. You can show it youtube demonstrations, describe walking to it, read it a book on walking or whatever. The bottom line is the baby is not going to walk until it is good and ready. And when the baby decides it is time it will make an effort and that effort will be because it is watching everyone around it walk and it knows that everyone has an ability that it does not have. I feel like the same can be said for walking with Christ. Chances are someone will not make that decision because you tell them too or they read about it in a magazine, they will decide to walk with Christ because they see other people doing it and doing it well. Babies decide to walk because they want freedom and the ability to explore the world. I feel the same way as a follower of Christ, I want to be free in Christ, I want to explore what can only be explored with him walking beside me.
Now this opens up a whole other idea about the fact that we need to be Christians 'living a life worthy of the one we have been given' because that's when people will take notice and start to take baby steps in the same direction. I want to live a life worthy of the one I have been given, worthy of the call Christ has placed on my heart. So, I'm gonna walk.....

No comments: