Monday, March 23, 2009

Death By Church

is a book by Mike Erre, the teaching pastor at Rock Harbor Church. I just started reading it and it is already rocking my world. I attended Rock Harbor when I lived in Fullerton and was blessed to be able to listen to Mike speak every week. I am not even thru the first chapter and I can't put it down. Its gonna take me a while to get thru because it is a lot to digest but I wanted to share a quote from the book, which is actually not from Mike but he still gets props for putting it in there and writting about it.
"America is simultaneously the most professedly Christian of the developed nations and the least Christian in its begavior." -Bill McKibben.
Ouch!! Can you say wake up call?!? If you are looking for something to read or want to be challenged I reccomend you read this:

No comments: